foursquare commemorated its march past the 10 million-user mark with an infographic revealing some of the numberss and facts turned up by the location-based mobile app since its launch in March 2009. Some of the highlights:
• There have been 4.7 million check-ins on Main Street across the United States.
• U.S. foursquare users have visited 169 countries.
• 358 million foursquare check-ins have come from outside of the United States.
• foursquare users have visited 1,105 beer halls in Germany and 6,230 sake bars in Japan.
• foursquare revealed the top chains by check-in the following categories: apparel (Old Navy, H&M, Victoria’s Secret), banks (Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo), convenience (7-Eleven, Circle K, Wawa), home (Home Depot, IKEA, Lowe’s), and retail (Target, Walmart, Macy’s).
• Venue mayors are ousted at a rate of 78,387 per day, but only one actual mayor is a foursquare mayor: New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.