Good news for business, brands, and artists who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0, which should be released soon, will include Page updating, according to lead developer Joe Hewitt.
Currently, Facebook for iPhone doesn’t support Pages at all. But with version 3.0, Page administrators should be able to post status updates and photos to their Facebook Page directly from their iPhone.
In addition, Hewitt recently detailed the features that will be included in the Facebook for iPhone 3.0 release:
1. The “new” News Feed
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
Facebook for iPhone 3.0 will include video uploading for iPhone 3GS users.
Nearly 25% of all iPhone users have the Facebook for iPhone app. Page owners will be very happy that they’ll be able to post content on the go when the new version is ready – hopefully in the next few weeks.