With version 2.0:
- The home page now features a full News Feed, along with access to filtered views of the News Feed, like Status Updates, Posted Items, Live Feed, and Events.
- Full photo tagging and posting is now supported.
- Notifications are now accessible for the first time.
- Profiles now have tabs, like the Facebook website redesign.
- Feed comments are accessible both here and on the News Feed.
Overall, Facebook for iPhone now looks and feels like a fully featured Facebook – it’s a remarkably well designed product.
Facebook’s Joe Hewitt, the lead developer of the iPhone application, said shortly after the release tonight, “I’ve been hearing some bug reports in 2.0, so I will probably wind up doing a 2.1 release in the short term to address many of these problems. Please tell me if you find anything wrong (in the comments here, or you can message me), and I will try to fix it.”
Facebook for iPhone can be downloaded by heading to the App Store on your iPhone.