Facebook users will control a photo shoot that will appear in the December issue of Elle, as the fashion magazine teamed up with social entertainment provider Milyoni on Facebook application The Social Shoot.
The app from Elle and Milyoni features Joe Zee, the magazine’s creative director, discussing elements of a fashion shoot in videos, touching on theme, model, clothing, accessories, and a “surprise” fifth selection, with all clothing and accessories provided by Shopbob.
The Elle Facebook page will also feature a live stream of the photo shoot. Here is the schedule of events for The Social Shoot, from Elle:
- Sept. 7: The theme was voted on.
- Sept. 12: The model will be voted on.
- Sept. 14: Clothing vote.
- Sept. 18: Accessories vote.
- Sept. 20: Surprise vote.
- Sept. 21: Live photo shoot.
- October: Elle will ask Facebook users to create Pinterest boards inspired by the shoot, or stage their own photo shoots inspired by the program and post them to Instagram, awarding prized including the opportunity to be featured in an upcoming issue.
- November: Editorial content in the December issue will be enhanced with augmented reality technology to give readers the opportunity to unlock bonus content from the shoot.
- Nov. 13: The December issue of Elle will be available on newsstands.
Readers: Would you like to see more magazines and other media brands interact with Facebook users in similar ways?