Via our sister site Media Jobs Daily, we bring you news that the bold souls at fantasy football site 4for4 have answered every American’s dream by petitioning the White House to make the Monday after the Super Bowl (that’s today) into a national holiday.
We didn’t drink too much last night while reviewing commercials, but these fantasy guys do have some stats on their side. According to a 2011 survey conducted by Glassdoor.com:
- 3% of Americans will call in sick on “Super Bowl Monday”
- 10% will plan ahead and use a vacation day
- 4.4 million Americans will get to work late
- While 20% say office morale is higher the day after the big game, 22% say everyone is still less productive
- HR pros estimate productivity drops of up to 37%
- Absences and latenesses are especially high among that 18-to-34-year-old-males demographic.
We have to agree with 4for4–but then, we also think that the day after Valentine’s Day should be a federal holiday, so we may have something of a preexisting bias.
The petition only needs 84,000 more signatures over the next three weeks. Get on it, America–before we forget how much we love the big game (and hate the day after)!