MTV, the National Basketball Association, the Peanuts cartoon, GoPro and the Miami Heat are the top brands on Instagram video when it comes to shares, per a study from Unruly Media. In research that spanned from Sept. 9 to Oct. 9, the London-based company found that around 80 brands are marketing with Instagram video.
Here is the top 10—not counting music/TV/film entertainers—with share stats from the one-month research period:
It appears that early on, brands are taking up a sizable but not quite dominant amount of space in the Instagram video ecosystem. Forty percent of the most-shared 15-second vids are marketing efforts, Unruly found.
The findings are particularly eye-opening since the Facebook-owned app just added a video feature in June.
Other intriguing Unruly data from the one-month dig:
- MTV had 84 videos in the top 1,000, inspiring 134,110 shares across Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Peanuts' Snoopygram was the most viral branded video on Instagram with 26,962 shares, followed by EA Sport's FIFA 14 (16,499 shares) and HBO's popular TV show Girls (15,376).
- There were 176,016 Instagram total videos shared on Twitter, which represents 10 percent of the YouTube spots shared on Twitter during the same period (1,871,530).
- Not surprisingly, nine out of 10 Instagram video shares happened via Facebook.
- Most-popular verticals were entertainment and apparel.
- Justin Bieber claimed 14 of the top 20 most-shared Instagram videos, with his top three videos generating a total of 522,029 shares.