The day after Thanksgiving is still the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season, but the holiday itself is starting to become the new Black Friday as a growing number of stores including Macy’s, Best Buy and JCPenney plan to open their doors for the first time this year. And apparently it won’t be for naught. Research firm Placed, which measures locations of smartphone owners who opt in to share their whereabouts, suggests that almost one quarter of shoppers plan to hit stores on Thanksgiving Day. That’s a lot of people who are trying to escape their families on Turkey Day. Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Nearly One-Quarter of Shoppers Plan to Shop on ThanksgivingBlack Friday is creeping forward
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York
- News Producer News 12 Woodbury, New York
- Zeppelin Hall Beer Garden Social Media Strategist Grand Street Property Management Downtown Jersey City