The day after Thanksgiving is still the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season, but the holiday itself is starting to become the new Black Friday as a growing number of stores including Macy’s, Best Buy and JCPenney plan to open their doors for the first time this year. And apparently it won’t be for naught. Research firm Placed, which measures locations of smartphone owners who opt in to share their whereabouts, suggests that almost one quarter of shoppers plan to hit stores on Thanksgiving Day. That’s a lot of people who are trying to escape their families on Turkey Day. Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at hundreds of locations in the U.S., and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via their stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, the company offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Their flagship stores are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors.
If you'd like more detailed company information - including direct personnel contacts, agency-advertiser relationships and media spend breakdown, visit REDBOOKS.com
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Rewriting Frozen's Ending
- Supreme Court Weighs Whether Aereo Is Simply Circumventing Copyright Law
- Pitney Bowes Names DigitasLBi Its Digital Agency
- 6 Buzziest Pro- and Anti-Obamacare Marketing Moments
- Popular Mechanics Taps Esquire Alum as New Editor in Chief
- Businessweek Art Director Richard Turley Leaves for MTV
- Lawmakers Pressure Advertising Community to Stop Ad-Supported Rogue Sites
- MediaMath Adds Several Ad Exchanges
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- How Real Women Would Actually Respond to a Dove 'Experiment'
- Ad of the Day: Axe Helps a Guy Get the Girl He's Chased for All of Human History
- Ad of the Day: Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- Inside BBDO's Harmonious New Brand Campaign for AT&T
- NYPD's Feel-Good Twitter Attempt Goes Awry
- Fashion Ads Become Freakish and Haunting After Artist's Acid Wash
- Cartoon Characters Go Bald to Sweetly Show Kids With Cancer They're Not Alone