The day after Thanksgiving is still the official kickoff to the holiday shopping season, but the holiday itself is starting to become the new Black Friday as a growing number of stores including Macy’s, Best Buy and JCPenney plan to open their doors for the first time this year. And apparently it won’t be for naught. Research firm Placed, which measures locations of smartphone owners who opt in to share their whereabouts, suggests that almost one quarter of shoppers plan to hit stores on Thanksgiving Day. That’s a lot of people who are trying to escape their families on Turkey Day. Infographic: Carlos Monteiro
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at hundreds of locations in the U.S., and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via their stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, the company offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Their flagship stores are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors.
If you'd like more detailed company information - including direct personnel contacts, agency-advertiser relationships and media spend breakdown, visit REDBOOKS.com
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- 5 Agencies Tell Us Why They're at SXSW Via Instagram
- Privacy Groups Ask FTC to Halt Facebook's Acquisition of WhatsApp
- Eric Danetz Named Publisher of Fortune
- FCC Takes Aim at TV Joint Sales Deals
- Deutsch L.A. Launches First 7UP Ad
- What Fast-Growing Trivia App Didn't Have an Android Version Until Today?
- Jack Griffin Named CEO of Tribune Publishing
- Oreo Uses Twitter to Make 3D Cookies at SXSW
- Here's a Pretty Amazing Ad That Will Make You Feel Awful, Then Wonderful
- A Woman's Day, Seen Through Glass, Ends Brutally in This Shocking Video
- Finally, a Japanese Ad That's Both Surprising and Surprisingly Awesome
- Three Years Later, We Finally Have a Brutally Powerful Ad About the Crisis in Syria
- Here Are the Finalists for the Year's Best Brands on Twitter, Vine and Everywhere Else
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: March 1-7
- Better Than the Real Thing? These Diet Coke Ads Are Absolutely About Drugs
- Arby's Dishes on Awesome Pharrell Williams Tweets