It appears we were a bit hasty (blogs? hasty? what?) in yesterday’s announcement of AP form changes for the upcoming year. It turns out there are a host of changes:
- A new entry on child care, noting AP style is two words.
- A new entry on touch-screen, noting it is hyphenated.
- New entries on video game and voice mail, noting AP style is
two words in each case.
- A changed entry on backyard, making it one word in all cases.
- A changed style on best-seller, hyphenated in all uses.
- An updated entry on Customs to reflect its incorporation under
the Department of Homeland Security.
- A revised entry on Fatah, to eliminate “al” from the name and
change its description.
- A revised entry on fundraising, changing it to one word in all
And, in a big slap at John Bolton, the AP has decided to eliminate its restriction on using the abbreviation “U.N.” as a noun. Take that you unilateralists!
Similarly, and proving once again that the vast left-wing media will stop at nothing in its quest to hurt America and undermine patriotism, the AP will allow “U.S.” to be used as a noun.
The screams of shock and horror may begin…..now.