Collectively, the top 10 ad videos on YouTube were watched more than 470 million times this year, with almost two-thirds of those views happening on mobile devices. This is the first year that more people watched the top 10 ad videos on mobile devices, rather than on desktop.
The top ad video of the year was Clash of Clans: Revenge, Supercell’s Super Bowl TV commercial starring Liam Neeson, which advertised the hugely popular free-to-play mobile game. A television commercial for another Supercell game, Boom Beach, came in at fourth place for the year.
Here’s the complete top 10 list for 2015. The results were determined based on watch time, organic video views, engagement and audience retention.
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Hyundai : A Message to Space
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council
- Boom Beach: Speech (Official TV Commercial)
- adidas: Unfollow feat. Leo Messi
- Always #LikeAGirl – Unstoppable
- Durex – #Connect – Official
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge – Official Introduction
- “Slap her”: children’s reactions
- Budweiser USA: #BestBuds | 2015 Budweiser Super Bowl Commercial “Lost Dog”