The new version of the application will incorporate:
- Threaded messaging, including group messaging.
- The ability to tag friends and locations in posts by using “with” and “at.”
- Deleting posts and comments from users’ walls via the tap-and-hold context menu.
- Tapping on active links in posts will bring users directly to the content.
- The photo comments and likes page was updated and now mirrors the comments and likes page for posts.
- Comments can now be liked.
The Facebook for Windows Phone team said in a post on the Facebook for Windows Phone page:
Firstly, thanks for all of your feedback over the past few months. We read every comment you submit on Facebook, through email, and through the Marketplace. We use them to plan features for releases, and we really appreciate all of the work you put into feeding back. We’re listening 🙂
The team has been working hard over the past few weeks on building the next version of Facebook for Windows Phone, and as we’re getting close to release, we thought now would be a good time to share with you some of the upcoming features you’ll be finding in v2.5.
We’re just going through our final rounds of testing and sign off, and then we’ll be able to share it with the world. Keep your eyes peeled for the launch announcement on this page, and for the update notification on the Marketplace tile.
Readers: Are there any features you’d like to see added to Facebook for Windows Phone?