@YouTube maintains its position as the most popular brand on Twitter, with its more than 46 million followers placing it well ahead of all other brands, including the official @Twitter profile.
Indeed, @Twitter isn’t even second on its own network – that space has long been reserved for @Instagram, although both remain many millions behind @YouTube. There’s also quite a divide between Twitter’s top three and fourth-placed @cnnbrk.
Social media profiles continue to dominate Twitter, accounting for five of the first six spots. @Facebook continues to close in on @twitter_es, Twitter’s Spanish-tweeting profile, and should pass it before the end of the year.
This month, both @BBCBreaking and @NBA have leapfrogged @UberSoc, which appears to be in a Twitpic-like descent down the Twitter rankings. Whether, like TwitPic, that decline is indicative of a cloudy future for UberSocial remains to be seen.
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 46,361,599 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 35,953,374)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 33,228,216)
4. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 20,580,057)
5. CNN (@cnn, 14,693,878)
6. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 14,003,908)
7. Facebook (@Facebook, 13,903,702)
8. The New York Times (@nytimes, 13,894,911)
9. Real Madrid F.C. (@realmadrid, 13,470,253)
10. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 13,151,313)
11. ESPN (@espn, 12,832,976)
12. BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking, 12,065,057)
13. NBA (@NBA, 11,848,360)
14. UberSocial (@UberSoc, 11,764,977)
15. MTV (@MTV, 11,582,402)
16. Vine (@vineapp, 11,515,511)
17. SportsCenter (@SportsCenter, 10,752,396)
18. Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile, 10,145,935)
19. A Googler (@google, 9,266,657)
20. Ramalan Indonesia (@TweetRAMALAN, 9,212,527)