The Facebook gaming leaderboards have experienced quite a number of changes since we last took a look at them a month ago! Over half of the games and applications have lost rather significant numbers, but at the same time, such losses have given a number of new titles a chance to make their appearance in the Top 25.
- Zynga and Playfish‘s battle for the #1 spot continues between Texas HoldEm Poker and Pet Society, with the latter closing the gap with a gain of 1,348,759 to Zynga’s 1,054,775.
- However, that same growth did not hold true for spots 4 – 6 with Bumper Sticker, Pass A Drink, and Lil Green Patch losing about a million active users each.
- Playfish title Geo Challenge kept it’s #8 spot with 3.97 million active users this past month with Word Challenge coming in behind, but surprisingly enough the other Playfish titles were ousted by MindJolt Games who jumped all the way from #17 to #10.
- Zynga RPGs Vampire Wars and Street Racing increased in popularity with the former coming out on top at #12.
- Behind the major players, new comer Know-It-All-Triva appeared on the scene at #15 with 2,543,557 users, followed by another fresh face, 101 Eggs & More with 2,464,247 users.
- The past month also played host to two other new games for the Top 25 with Bejeweled Blitz from PopCap Games at #21 and Playfish’s newest title Restaurant City at #23.
The competition between Playfish and Zynga within the Top 25 has always been neck and neck in recent months, and this time around it looks to be Zynga that is coming out on top with all of their titles gaining traffic, and many of the Playfish titles (aside from Pet Society) experiencing slight declines.