Facebook privacy and security remains a hot-button issue, and The Best Computer Science Schools put together an infographic consolidating statistics, do’s and don’ts, things to avoid, and other suggestions.
The infographic below contains far more detail, but here are the top 10 Facebook privacy no-no’s from The Best Computer Science Schools:
- Never use Klout and similar services.
- Never publicly post that you are away for an extended period of time.
- Never provide too much information about current whereabouts.
- Never publish your full home address and contact details anywhere online, including on Facebook.
- Avoid posting photos of your children and, if you do, don’t identify or tag them.
- Never use Facebook applications or other mobile apps that want to post for you.
- Never post or tag photos of your friends doing questionable things.
- Never post “insider information,” especially for publicly traded companies.
- Don’t accept friend requests from people you don’t know.
- Avoid using short, simple passwords.