First the big question: What happened at U.S. News & World Report today? Did “The Other Shoe” really drop? Why are the words “mass” and “widespread” being used in conjunction with the words “lay-offs” and “cuts”?
- Matt Cooper clued in. Mike Allen not so much. Walter Isaacson not at all. Shocking all around.
- National Journal to Muslims, Defense industry: Dude, our bad.
- John Carroll hates “for example.” Linda Fibich not a fan of “no comment.”
- Psst…Mr. Rove: Tom Friedman (even behind a pay wall) makes more than you.
- Geraldo Rivera opens mouth, speaks words. Rivera later discredited. In other news, sun likely to set this afternoon — perhaps even rise tomorrow sometime around early morning.
- Laid off by your news company recently? Here‘s some advice.
- “Bush administration broke propaganda rules.”
- Now we know why he reduced his work schedule at C-Span: Brian Lamb got married. Reliable Source says it was to Victoria Somethingorother. So her last name is a Secret? (Sorry…couldn’t refuse that joke…)