- Weber Shandwick will be the digital AOR for McCormick Canada, or “the largest spice, dry sauce & seasoning mixes, extract, and specialty foods operation in the country.” The firm has been working with the client in the States for several years, and the account will involve much more than traditional PR; Weber will handle all of McCormick’s digital and social media.
- New York’s J Public Relations added several domestic and international clients to its hospitality roster: Cheeca Lodge & Spa and SmartFlyer in the US and Fairmont Mayakoba, Marquis Los Cabos and Grand Hotel Tremezzo abroad.
- Arieff Communications of San Francisco won two new clients: It’s It Ice Cream and Kelly Moore Paints. The firm will help introduce the former to New York City because it’s summer and there can never be too much ice cream.
- PAN Communications signed hybris, an SAP company, as its newest client. In the first quarter of 2015, the firm worked to score media coverage and place bylined pieces in trade publications for the software client.
- Oakland firm Engage, which puts the R in PR, will be AOR for two “software defined networking market” clients: Open Networking Summit and The Open Networking Lab.
- Barclaycard, the bank’s credit card business, picked Cohn & Wolfe as its UK AOR in a review that went down earlier this year. (PR Week)
- Tartaglia Communications of New Jersey won the business of BITSS, or the Berkeley Initiative for Transparency in the Social Sciences. The firm will create a program to promote a new series of prizes the client is offering to encourage “open social science research,” which does not mean polling via social media.
- Nashville’s Choice Media & Communications signed two new entertainment/lifestyle clients: author/investigative journalist Alexandra Robbins and leadership expert Brad Lomenick. Bloggers Crystal Paine (moneysavingmom.com) and Rachel May Stafford (handsfreemama.com) also renewed their contracts with the firm.
Get Adweek's Digital & Technology Daily Newsletter in your Inbox
Today's top news for digital marketers