Are you tired of circling around the block and walking a mile back to your destination? Streetline now has the solution for smart parking with its iPhone/Android based app, Parker. Parker shows you the available parking spaces with their exact location, using live information from sensors. Parker also shows you where convenient parking lots and garages are.
Parker uses live data from the wireless sensors and cell phones to find the closest parking spot. The sensors are embedded in the street around parking spots (in parking meters) and are connected to a central network, where availability of parking sport is processed. Live data from the sensors is currently available in selected areas across the U.S. with new locations being added regularly. Streetline’s CEO Zia Yusuf said;
The company has connected a few thousand parking spots via the system. The company is four years old and has successfully used its parking technology in cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City and Sausalito to date.
With Parker, you’ll be able to;
- Pay for the parking directly from your phone in 84 U.S. cities.
- Use convenient reminders to set off the alert when your meter is about to expire.
- Set parking filters based on your preferences.
- Find your car – drop Google Maps pins, take pictures & add comments.
- Save parking history for easy access later.
- Save gas & reduce frustration by avoiding circling in search of a spot.
The app is available for both iPhone and Android. For Android handsets, Parker is optimized on the likes of HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible and Motorola DROIDX handsets. According to Streetline, in the near future Parker will be optimized to work on a broader range of mobile devices including tablets.