Hiring in the social games space picked up ever so slightly this week, as nine companies showed new activity, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Social games analytics firm Claritics and IMVU each brought in senior staff. Sanjath Shringeri joins the former as the new director of engineering, moving over from being an engineering manager for Tapjoy. IMVU gains Jenny Rutherford as its new vice president of marketing, a role she previously held at Oodle.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as each person’s profile.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Sanjath Shringeri, Director of Engineering — Social games analytics firm Claritics brings on Sanjath Shringeri as its new director of engineering. Prior to this role, Shringeri served as an the engineering manager for Tapjoy.
- Jason Shum, PHP Engineer — In an internal shift at Happy Elements, Shum moves up from his prior role as a GIP intern.
- Karina Beltrão, Portuguese to English Translator — Beltrão was previously a monitor at the Federal University of Alagoas.
- Jenny Rutherford, Vice President of Marketing — One of today’s major hires comes from IMVU in the form of Jenny Rutherford. The company’s new vice president of marketing, she was previously filling the same role at Oodle.
- Kristina Wayte, Art Intern — Wayte joins Kabam this week. She was most recently a freelance artist for Lightsource Studios.
- Chao Zhang, Platform Developer, Front End — Joining Kabam as well is Zhang, a former web developer for Asurion.
- Daniel Gustafson, Product Manager (Social/Mobile) — Kicking off a trio of new King.com hires, Gustafson was previously a product and public relations manager at PlayStation Sweden (Nordisk Film).
- Cherry Yang, Advertising Operations Manager — Also joining King.com, Yang was formerly an online production manager for northern Europe at Betfair.
- André Nylander, Product Manager (Social/Mobile) — Nylander was most recently a product manager for Net Entertainment.
- Eunjung June Kim, Animator — Loot Drop hires a single individual this week. Kim is noted to have been previously a part of Slide as well as an animator and illustrator for Google.
- Greg Rossell, UI Designer — Playdom hires two individuals this week starting with Rossell. Rossel was previously a UI Designer for Electronic Arts.
- Harmony Ho, Junior Graphic Designer — Also joining Playdom is Ho, a former freelance graphic designer at Randel Design.
- Milim Kim, Junior Game Artist — Wooga shows activity this week, hiring Kim, a former project manager and game designer at Social Media Intranet Learning Environment (SMILE).
- Justin Lauria, Associate Software Engineer — Joining Zynga this week is Lauria, a former junior developer for Autonomy.
- Michael Walters, Quality Assurance Tester — Now a part of Zynga, Walters was most recently a quality assurance tester at Sony Online Entertainment.
- Nicolas Gramlich, Software Engineer — Gramlich was previously an intern at the Fraunhofer USA Center for Experimental Software Engineering and is also currently the owner and admin for andengine.org and anddev.org.
- Connor Baskauskas, Marketing Developer — Baskauskas was formerly a web developer for Business Calcium, Inc.
- Mayur Bhimjiyani, Intern — Bhimjiyani was previously a student at DSKSIC.
- Micahel Lyn, Narrative Designer — Zynga hires on Lyn this week, a former freelance writer for 2K Sports and a current freelance writer for SME.
- Gene De Roule, Tier 2 SRE — Also joining Zynga, De Roule was formerly a UNIX systems administrator for DataPipe.
- Aj Chelson, Senior QA Security Engineer — Chelson was previously a QA tester at Playfirst.