Last week we saw a sizable amount of hiring take place within the social gaming space and that trend continues this week. Eleven social developers have shown new activity according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Moreover, of these active companies, both Cie Games and Newtracks brought on new executive members.
In terms of Cie Games, the company has appointed Carey D’Souza as its new Chief Operating Officer. The technology and video game veteran executive comes with experience from Nexon, Electronic Arts, and Evoco. As for Newtracks, this social developer hires on a new vice president of game design in the form of Philipp Strecker, a former game designer of Young Internet.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as people’s profiles.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Carey D’Souza, Chief Operating Officer — As stated already, Carey D’Souza joins Cie Games this week. Most recently, the veteran technology executive was the director of technology and development at Nexon, America.
- Mutia Terian, Art Intern — Terian joins CrowdStar this week. She was previously an art intern for Hexify.
- Alex Kurbanov, QA Software Engineer — Also now at CrowdStar, Kurbanov was formerly a software QA engineer at Picanta Foods.
- Elena Holm, QA Engineer — Holm was most recently a student at De Anza College.
- Earl Dos Santos, Product Manager — There is a single hire for Digital Chocolate this week. Dos Santos was most recently a senior consultant for financial innovation at Agora Partnerships.
- Anthony Bray, Senior Producer, Madrid Studio — Joining eRepublik Labs, Bray was previously a planning director at Riot Entertainment and is also the founder of Typhon Mobile.
- Daniel Grifol, Web Developer — Also joining eRepublick Labs, Grifol holds experience from 888, Party Poker, and William Hill.
- Eduardo Herrera, Graphic Artist — Herrera was previously a concept artist, animator, and game artist at LemonQuest.
- Maitlyn Mennen, Intern — Joining Kabam, Mennen was previously a receptionist at Tippecanoe Mortgage.
- Juan Jones, IT Administrator — Jones was a desktop IT analyst for IBM.
- Philipp Strecker, Vice President of Game Design — As noted prior, Philipp Strecker joins Newtracks this week. Strecker was formerly a game designer for Young Internet.
- Juana Correa, Junior Artist — A quartet of Playdom hires starts with Correa, who was “ink and collation” at Mamá Gallina Animation.
- Joseph Guo, Undergraduate Business Associate — Guo was previously a trade finance summer analyst at ICBC.
- Michael Monsalvatge, UI Designer — Monsalvatge was formerly an artist for Harmonix Music Systems.
- Jessica Yun, Production Artist — Also joining Playdom, Yun was previously a graphic designer for UCLA Athletics Marketing.
- Clifford Chiu, Lead Artist — In an internal shift at Playfish, Chiu changes roles from his prior position as a game artist.
- Nicole Kawaguchi, Analytics Engineering Associate — Now a part of RockYou!, Kawaguchi was previously a marketing and communications intern for 6Connex.
- Nick Jordan, Account Director, UK/EMEA Sales — Joining Socialvibe, Jordan was previously a key account director at IPT.
- Jonathan Stump, Customer Relations — Now at Zynga, Stump was formerly a community collaborator at Graphic.ly.
- Sharad Mitra, Associate Art Producer — Also joining Zynga, Mitra was previously an oil painting instructor at Young at Art Studio.
- Mathew Hendry, Senior Software Engineer — Hendry was a lead engineer at WDI, Inc.
- Brian Guenther, Product Management Intern — Guenther was previously a consultant of strategy and operations at Deloitte Consulting.
- Ken Mai, Release Quality Assurance Analyst — Mai was previously a bartender at King George Hotel.
- Gloria Goa, Senior Staffing Consultant — Gao was formerly a recruitment specialist at Technicolor.