Hiring in the social gaming industry was down this week, with six companies reporting 17 new or recent hires and promotions. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Zynga and Plumbee showed the most activity this week. The biggest moves were at Booyah where EA PopCap’s former director of operations – social came on as the director of product development and at Mail.Ru Games, where there were two high level executive changes.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jacob McMahon, Director of Product Development – Booyah leads the hires this week with a high profile hire. McMahon was previously the director of operations – social at EA PopCap.
- Rachel Yu, Marketing Manager – EA’s Playfish adds one new employee, bringing on Yu from her previous position as a consultant at Ruder Finn.
- Ilya Mamontov, Managing Director of Mail.Ru Games – Mamontov moves from his position as director of global publishing at Mail.Ru Games to managing director, replacing the outgoing Alexander Goldybin, who will stay on as an advisor.
- Roman Golovatchev, Chief Operating Officer – Golovatchev, currently the head of operations, has been promoted to COO and will also be deputy CEO.
- Leonard Frankel, Business Development Manager – Eastern European social games company Plarium makes our list this week with a high profile hire, bringing on Frankel, the former CEO of Universal Business & Trading as its business development manager.
While not technically a list of new hires, Plumbee, the London-based social game startup founded by Raf Keustermans, Gerald Tan and Jodi Moran announced its initial staff lineup:
- James Cook, Server Engineer – Cook was a lead server engineer at EA Playfish.
- Jakub Pudelek, Client Engineer – Pudelek was formerly a game developer at EA Playfish
- Darren Ward, Client Engineer – Ward came from Nokia where he was a senior software engineer.
- Simon Loader, Automated Deployment Engineer – Loader came from Betfair, where he was system architect.
- Marc Trepannier, Associate Server Engineer – Next up is Trepannier, who was previously a software engineer at Agena Ltd.
- Dragos Dogaru, Associate Server Engineer – Dogaru begins his career with Plumbee, and was formerly an intern at SoftVision.
- Rav Singh, Art Director – Singh moved from Codemasters where he had the same title.
- Kate Steinmeyer, UI/UX Designer – Next is Steinmeyer, who was formerly a user experience & user interface designer at Gamesys.
- Saikala Sultanova, Marketing Intern – Sultanova moves from The Table where she was a marketing associate.
Plumbee also announced its list of advisors: Dan Fiden (previously the GM of Playfish’s US studio, former VP Publishing at Gazillion), Joachim Timmermans(previously head of casino at Unibet Group Plc), Ben Fried and Anton Bell (both former Betfair executives)
- Chien Ly, Temp QA Engineer – Zynga announces three hires in what has been a quiet week. Ly was formerly a data analyst at Premier Retail Networks.
- Sara Leedom, Quality Assurance Engineer – Leedom moves from Meteor Games, where she was a quality assurance tester.
- Mazedur Rahman, QA Engineer – Next up is Rahman who was previously a teaching assistant at San Jose State University.