Hires within the social gaming space remain high this week, with several typically quiet developers showing new hiring activity according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Of the 11 companies taking on new individuals, the number of new employees per company is still relatively low, but the developers of GameHouse and Zynga did bring on above average numbers. In terms of all companies, however, no major executive hires were noted.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as people’s profiles.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Jeff Lindsey, Senior Producer — Arkadium shows activity this week, bringing on Lindsey, a former producer for Longtail Studios.
- David Or, Associate Programmer — Also joining Arkadium, Or was previously a software and QA engineer at Massive Incorporated.
- Bryan Maxwell, QA Tester — Joining CrowdStar this week is Maxwell, a former quality assurance engineer at Cisco Systems.
- Jason Rodriguez, Sr. Product Manager — GameHouse hires six new team members starting with Rodriguez. He was previously the director of marketing for social games at Oberon Media.
- David Kim, Sr. SDE — Also joining GameHouse is Kim, a former Sr. SDE at Say Design and Blytheco.
- Ben Colwell, SDE — Colwell was previously a Flash development consultant at Brand X Games.
- Benjamin Taggart, Lead SDE — Taggart was formerly a lead programmer at Airtight Games.
- Christian Salas, Senior Game Artist — Now at GameHouse, Salas was most recently a UI designer for MSN Games and the Xbox console.
- Brady Houck, Lead SDE — Also now at GameHouse, Houck was a senior Programmer for 5th Cell Media.
- Ryan McGuire, Developer — Now a part of GSN, McGuire was previously a developer at AstraZeneca.
- Tom Marchi, Senior Flash Developer — Joining iWin this week is Marchi, a former employee at Sellpoint.
- Jason Smith, Front End Game Developer — Also joining iWinis Smith. Smith is noted to have previously been a part of Wells Fargo.
- Fadila Kouchkar, Senior UI Designer — Kouchkar was most recently a graphic designer at the Academy of Art University.
- Ameet Tanna, Systems Engineer — Kabam brings on Tanna this week, a former software engineer from Cisco Systems.
- Lucas Peverelli, Jr. QA Tester — Joining Metrogames, Peverelli was most recently a Jr. play tester at Gameloft.
- Kelly Ricker, Jr. Artist — Playdom hires a handful of new individuals starting with Ricker, a former illustrator for Present Creative LLC.
- Sherry DeLorme, Artist — Also joining Playdom, DeLorme was previously a motion graphics animator for Wind River Casino.
- David Gates, Principal Engineer — Gates was previously a “fellow” at Advanced Micro Devices.
- Rick Gupta, Social Games Financial Analyst — PopCap Games makes a single hire with Gupta. He was previously a senior financial analyst intern for Amazon.com and a student at the University of Washington, Michael G. Foster School of Business.
- Stephan Partzsch, Software Engineer — Now a part of the wooga team, Partzsch was most recently a developer at Scholz & Volkmer.
- Marty Brown, Product Manager — In an internal shift at Zynga, Brown moves up from a product manager intern.
- Samantha Gordon, Manager, Game Card Operations — In another internal change at Zynga, Gordon was previously a recruiter.
- Justin Wilmsmeyer, Senior Software Engineer — Now at Zynga, Wilmsmeyer was previously a senior software engineer at Five Mobile.
- Raunak Roy, Software Engineer — Roy was formerly a student consultant at the Information Technology Services University of Southern California.
- David Giamanco, Software Engineer — Giamanco was a technical intern at Workforce Logic for Yahoo!.
- Ari Evans, Product Manager — Evans was most recently a computer science course consultant and supervisor at Cornell University.
- Mahesh Gattani, Associate Software Engineer — Joining Zynga this week, Gattani was previously a dev test engineer at Citrix Online.
- Rajagopal Sathyamurthi, Software Engineer — Also joining Zynga, Sathyamurthi was formerly a client graphics intern at ROBLOX Corporation.
- Nafis Shaikh, Associate Project Manager — Shaikh was previously an associate project manager for Five Mobile.
- Sunil Mallya, Software Developer — Mallya was most recently an intern, WAFL at NetApp.
- Nadine Tabing, Intern Software Developer — Now at Zynga, Tabing was previously a research assistant at the University of Washington.