Hiring in the mobile apps sector was down again in the quiet week before the end of the year, with just 5 new hires and promotions between five companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Funzio, Natural Motion, GameLoft , Pocket Gems and GREE all hired or promoted one person, and GREE made the highest profile hire, bringing on Jin Akiyama from Merrill Lynch to lead its investment team.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Nicolas Klein, Android Software Engineer – Funzio begins our roundup with a single hire. Klein was previously at Niji, where he was an android/iPhone software engineer.
- FX. Leonis Parulian Purba, QA Lead – Gameloft makes a single promotion this week. Purba was title was previously a QA tester-senior at the company.
- Jin Akiyama, Manager, Investment Team – GREE also reports a single hire this week. Akiyama was formerly the director of the investment banking division at Merrill Lynch.
- Will Griffiths, Producer – Natural Motion promotes Griffiths from associate producer to producer.
- Satbir Singh, Software QA Engineer – Pocket Gems brings on Singh from Apple, where he was a software quality assurance engineer.