Hiring in the mobile apps sector was up this week, with 26 new hires spread between nine companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Greystripe showed the most activity, bringing on a slate of new sales staff. This week’s highest profile hires belonged to TapJoy and Square Enix. TapJoy brought on Edward Hsu to lead its Developer Community in China and Square Enix announced the hire of Ben Cusack as its head of mobile.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jean-Michel Rodrigue, QA Tester – EA Mobile begins our weekly hires roundup with the hire of Rodrigue, who was previously a research chemist at Revision Military.
- Joan Hovenden, HR & Recruitment Specialist – Hovenden was formerly the senior HR & recruitment officer at Ergo.
- Dmitriy Kaygarodtsev, GNS Unix Administrator – Gameloft makes five changes this week. Kaygarodtsev was formerly a system administrator at Zfort Group.
- Atsushi Natsumeda, 3D Animator – Natsumeda switches to animation from his previous position as a Japanese editor/translator.
- Ricardo Sánchez, Animator – Sánchez was formerly an animator at Kotoc.
- Carlos Del Riego, Game Producer – Del Riego was previously an assistant producer at Electronic Arts GmbH.
- Juan Martín Galfré, HR Selector – Finally Galfré was a senior recruiter at Kenexa before joining Gameloft.
- Kanako Kojima, International PR, Corporate Communications – GREE returns to our roundup this week with four hires. Kojima was previously a corporate communications specialist at FIL Investments (Japan) Limited.
- Marcelo Perez, UI/UX Designer – Perez was previously a design director at Daemonic Labs Inc.
- Stanislav Vishnevskiy, Senior Web UI Engineer – Vishnevskiy comes from Kabam, where he was a full-stack engineer.
- Sally Shum, UI/UX Designer – Shum also moves from Kabam, where she was a UI/UX Designer.
- Brian Pearlman, Senior Account Executive – Mobile ad company Greystripe adds 10 new faces this week. Pearlman moves from Millennial Media where he was an account executive.
- Ryan Bleich, Senior Account Executive – Bleich was previously an account director at AOL.
- Chris Backschies, Regional Sales Manager – Backschies was the director, west coast sales at WeatherBug.
- Terah Bocchi, Senior Account Executive – Bocchi comes from Belo Phoenix where she was the interactive media executive.
- Jeff Margolis, Senior Account Executive – Margolis was an account executive at Adfusion.
- Bill Kramer, Regional Sales Manager – Kramer was the account executive, Southeast at quadrantONE.
- Josh Parker, Account Executive – Parker moves from Specific Media where he was also an account executive.
- Matt Sexton, Regional Sales Manager – Sexton was an account director at RadiumOne.
- Ken Yonan, Regional Sales Manager – Yonan comes from Specific Media, where he was a senior account executive.
- Kristina Hamilton, Marketing Manager – Finally Hamilton was previously the director of marketing/senior product manager at Broadmoor Development.
- Mayank Kumari, Manager, Global Business Tools – A single hire for InMobi. Kumari was previously a business operations analyst at Akamai Technologies.
- Michael Lam, Tier 2 Support Engineer – Lam was a quality assurance technician at Digicircle.com before joining PlayPhone.
- Ben Cusack, Head of Mobile – Square Enix announced Ben Cusack is its head of mobile. Formerly the marketing director at Mobile Interactive Group, according to Cusack’s LinkedIn profile, he has held the position with Square Enix since July 2011.
- Yohan Chin (Jin), Senior Data Scientist – Two hires this week for TapJoy. Chin was previously the multimedia grand challenges chair at ACM Multimedia.
- Edward Hsu, Developer Community, Greater China – This week’s highest profile hire, Hsu now leads TapJoy’s developer community relations efforts in China. He was previously the head of Asian operations at Stellent Services.