Hiring in the mobile apps sector was up again this week, with 16 new hires spread out across seven companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GameHouse and GameLoft showed the most activity but it was Tapjoy that scored the week’s highest profile move with the hire of Phil O’Neill as its new Head of Analytics.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Kaari King, Senior Game Artist – GameHouse begins our hires roundup this week with five new faces. King was previously the creative director and co-founder of Sunleaf Studios.
- Jeff Buccellato, Senior Producer – Next is Buccellato, who worked at both LeapFrog and Sierra Online before moving to GameHouse.
- Simon Asplund, Game Designer — Asplund was formerly a systems designer for Flying Lab Software.
- Frank Krause, SDE – Krause also moves from Flying Lab Software, where he worked as an SDET and SDE.
- Thomas Sitch, Senior SDE – Finally Sitch joins the GameHouse team, moving from Trilabrys Interactive and KingsIsle Entertainment.
- Derek Stead, Game Designer – Four hires for Gameloft this week. Stead was previously a game designer at Vast Studios.
- Tanko Shokerov, Game Producer – Next up is Shokerov, who moves from BGService, where he was a sales representative.
- Derick Ballard, Environment Artist – Ballard was formerly an environment/production artist at Turn 10 Studios.
- Bastien Lerivray, VFX Artist – Finally, Lerivray was previously a 3D artist at De Pinxi.
- Christopher Bates, Business Intelligence Data Analyst – A trio of hires for GREE this week. Bates was previously was data scientist/account manager at Kontagent.
- Puneet Goel, Senior Manager, Engineering – Goel was formerly the director of engineering at Kineto Wireless.
- Daisuke Watanabe, Director of Social Games – And GREE’s Japanese office brings on Watanabe as Director of Social Games. Watanabe was Mobile Web Manager at Index Corporation.
- Fredrik Paul, Nordic Sales Manager – Hiring mainstay InMobi once again makes our list with the acquisition of Paul, who moves from a sales manager position at Microsoft.
- Raul Fernandez, Customer Support Representative – Fernandez moves from Zynga, where he was a customer support agent.
- Phil O’Neill, Head of Analytics – Tapjoy makes the hires this week with a single, high profile entry. O’Neill comes from Advertising.com, where he was the lead analytics director.
- Eric Penzel, Associate Content Manager – A single hire for TinyCo close out our list this week. Penzel was previously an associate producer at Namco Bandai games.