Hiring in the mobile apps sector remained steady this week with 13 new hires spread out across seven companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE International and Gameloft showed the most activity, but Millennial Media easily had the highest profile hire, bringing on Robert Woolfrey to lead the company’s Asian expansion. Woolfrey will work from the company’s new Singapore office as Southeast Asia Managing Director.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Thi Nguyen, Associate Producer, Designer – First up is Booyah, which returns to our list this week with a single hire. Nguyen was formerly an associate producer at Disney Interactive Media Group.
- Amar Deogirikar, Senior Test Analyst – Brighter Option brings on Deogirikar, who was formerly an automation tester at Justgiving.
- Leif Peterson, 3D Artist – A trio of hires at Gameloft this week. First up is Peterson, who was previously an environment artist at Semester Games.
- Eduard Gonzalez Bolea, Engine Programmer – Next is Bolea, who moves from Pompeu Fabra University where he was an assistant professor of computational geometry.
- Clément Dieu, 3D Artist – Finally we have Dieu, who was previously a 3D Artist at Krysalide/Eden Games.
- Jonathan Peñaloza, Lead Artist – GREE brings on four new faces this week. First up is Peñaloza moves from TinyCo, where he was the art manager and lead artist.
- Piyamas Gomolvilas, Visual Designer – Next is Gomolvilas, who was previously a visual designer at Vibio Inc.
- Tkakashi Adachi, Business Advertising – Also joining Gree is Adachi, who moves from Atlantis Co. Ltd where he was the corporate officer/director.
- Kimio Taniguchi, Engineer – Last but not least is Taniguchi, who was an engineer at Paperboy&co.
- Vikrant Chahar, Team Member Adserving – A pair of hires for InMobi this week. Chahar was formerly a software engineer at mKhoj Solutions.
- Nicholas Quan, Sales and Ad Operations Intern – Next up is Quan, who starts his career with InMobi after picking up an internship with the company.
- Robert Woolfrey, Southeast Asia Managing Director – In what easily proved to be this week’s highest profile move, Millennial Media announced plans to expand into Asia this week, bringing aboard Woolfrey from competitor InMobi to lead its new Singapore office.
- Diego Leyton Soto, Software Engineer – And finally closing out our list this week is a single hire at Ngmoco. Soto comes from Atakama Labs, which Ngmoco’s parent company DeNA recently acquired, where he was also a software engineer.