Activity within the mobile hiring realm picks up this week as 11 developers note new hires, based on information from LinkedIn and other sources.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Sandrine Bibolet, Localization Translator — Bibolet marks a single hire for Big Fish Games this week. She was previously a localization tester for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, but is also currently a translator for Graffiti Art Magazine.
- Hugo Trepanier, Senior UI Designer — Gameloft hires on Trepanier this week. Prior to this, he was an art manager at EA Mobile.
- Manuel Fortier-Lanctot, Sysadmin Coordinator — In and internal shift at Gameloft, Fortier-Lanctot changes roles from a UNIX sysadmin.
- David Whitby, Sales Manager, UK & Ireland — Now a part of Gameloft, Whitby was formerly business development – EMEIA education at Apple Europe Limited.
- Mark Desmarais, Technical Game Designer — Desmarais was previously a student at Champlain College.
- Ionut Croitoru, QA Lead — In another internal change, Croitoru moves from his prior role as a QA senior tester.
- Miguel Angel Munera Sancho, 2D Artist — Gameloft brings on Sancho, a former comic book artist for Marvel Comics.
- Alex Guillard, Artist — Starting off a trio of new Glu Mobile hires is Guillard, a former animator for Amaze Entertainment and a current lead artist for Griptonite Games and Foundation 9 Entertainment.
- Eric Elders, Software Tester — Also joining Glu Mobile, Elders was formerly a software tester for Humongous Entertainment (Atari).
- Bill Schneider, QA Manager — Schneider was most recently a testing manager for Foundation 9 Entertainment.
- Jisas Lema, Developer Relations — InMobi brings on Lema, who was previously a quality control manager at the Stanford Center for Professional Development.
- Michael Merali, Fort Lauderdale Hotlister & Creative Writer — A single hire is noted for Loopt this week. Merali was previously an application tester at Darts Solutions.
- Joe Stein, Chief Architect — As noted prior, Joe Stein joins Medialets as a new chief architect. Before this, he was a senior director at Authentidate Holding Corp.
- Heather Hromoho, Director, Publisher Operations — Also previously noted, Heather Hromoho changes her role at Millennial Media. Before this, she was an account manager for publisher services.
- Brandon Breon, Director – Publisher Solutions West Region — Millennial Media also brings on Brandon Breon this week. Breon was previously a brand account manager for HipCricket.
- Joey Gentry, Game Integration Engineer — OpenFeint hires on one new team member. Gentry was previously a programmer and analyst for Resource Data Inc.
- Pauli Laatikainen, Game Programmer Trainee — Now a part of Rovio Mobile, Laatikainen was formerly a junior web developer for Syneus Solutions.
- Thomas Lundström, Senior Graphic Designer — Also joining Rovio Mobile, Lundström was most recently an art director at RealNetworks.
- David Häggqvist, Game Tester — Häggqvist was previously a game tester at Digital Chocolate.
- Ritva Eskelinen, Assistant Producer — Eskelinen was formerly a producer for Studio Kombo Oy.
- Juan Manuel Serruya, Senior Mobile Developer — TinyCo shows activity by hiring Serruya, a former game and server developer for Band Of Coders.
- Mitchel Hanson, Marketing Lead — Now at Urban Airship, Hanson was previously a marketing communications writer at Kavi Corporation.