As with last week, the rate of new hires within the mobile space continues on at a strong clip, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Of the nine companies highlighted, most only hired one or two individuals. Nevertheless, EA Mobile and MoPub make two significant hirings in the form of Nick Rish and Kevin Weatherman respectively.
Nick Rish, former manager of national accounts at The Walt Disney Company, joins EA Mobile as its Head of Global Sales & In App Advertising. However, it is worth noting that this is merely a recent update as he appears to have been in this role since March. As for Kevin Weatherman, he joins MoPub as its new Director of Business Development, leaving his role as senior account executive of publisher sales at PubMatic.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Jenna Ratto Poffenroth, Recruiting Coordinator — Big Fish Games makes a single hire. Paffenroth was previously a recruiting program specialist at Riverbed Technology.
- Ungarala Chaitanya, Support Coordinator — Now at EA Mobile, Chaitanya’s prior role is unclear. However, this hire is merely a late update as he has been in this role for about three months.
- Nick Rish, Head of Global Sales & In App Advertising — As highlighted earlier, Nick Rish is now a part of EA Mobile. Prior to this, he was the manager of national accounts for The Walt Disney Company. It is worth noting, again, that this is just a recent update as he appears to have been in this role since March.
- Marcos Moreti, Software Engineer — Also joining EA Mobile this week, Moreti was previously a junior programmer at Webcore Games.
- Giuseppina Visconti, Level Designer — Joining Gameloft this week, Visconti was a technical artist at Fallen Angel.
- Chevy McGoram, 3D Character Artist — Also now at Gameloft, McGoram was previously a 3D animator at Cirkus.
- Jason Choi, Technical, VFX Artist — Choi was formerly an “iron hand” at YNK Interactive.
- Esli Stopato, 3D Animator — Glu Mobile hires one this week: Stopato was most recently an artist and animator for Luno.
- Dipal Patel, Associate Quality Engineer — Now at InMobi, Patel was previously an intern at Intel India Technology Pvt Ltd.
- Cheryl Cheng, Sales Manager – Brand Advertising, Malaysia — Also a part of InMobi now, Cheng was the former business development manager of new media at Maxis Communications Bhd.
- Kevin Weatherman, Director of Business Development — As stated prior, Kevin Weatherman joins MoPub this week. Before this, he was a senior account executive of publisher sales at PubMatic.
- Yue Tian, Front-End Developer — Joining OpenFeint as its sole hire this week, Tian was formerly a senior consultant at ThoughtWorks.
- Oona Hilkamo, Media Coordinator — In an internal shift at Rovio Mobile, Hilkamo changes from her prior role as Angry Birds community “champ.”
- Ez James, Game Designer — Now at Rovio Mobile, James was previously a game designer at Digital Chocolate.