Hiring activity in the mobile space has picked up dramatically in the past seven days, as several mobile developers bring on new team members (even if many only hired one or two new people), according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Of all the noted companies, however, it is ngmoco and Urban Airship that are boasting the biggest hires. Mindjolt also hired Ulf Waschbusch to head social mobile game development.
As was highlighted yesterday, ngmoco:) has hired former Electronic Arts general manager Ben Cousins to form its new studio in Stockholm, Sweden. Regarding Urban Airship, Dylan Boyd has become their vice president of growth. That said, this is merely a late update as he appears to have been with the company since February.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Brendan Weinstein, Android Engineering Intern — Alphonso Labs shows activity for the first time in a while. Weinstein was previously a student at Stanford University.
- Brian Stewart, Software Engineer — There is a single hire for Booyah. Stewart was most recently a lead programmer for IUGO Mobile Entertainment.
- Bilal Jaroudi, Quality Assurance — EA Mobile brings on a single hire with Jaroudi, a former interviewer for Jolicoeur & Associés.
- Scott Amenta, Business Development Associate — Also now a part of Foursquare, Amenta was most recently an intern for NYC Seed.
- David Lecossu, Concept Artist — Starting out the string of new Gameloft hires is Lecossu, who is noted to have a prior education from Ecole des Beux-Arts.
- Yevgeniy Maiborodo, Game Producer — Also joining Gameloft is Maiborodo, a former “head of branch” at PZU.
- David Chandra, B2C Executives — Chandra was most recently a student at Monash University.
- Alex Letov, Game Designer — Letov was previously an interactive designer for DHX Interactive.
- Vladimir Holopov, 3D Artist — Now at Gameloft, Holopov was a character designer for Brillinto.
- Marianne Vincent, 3D Artist — Vincent was an animator for the National Film Board of Canada.
- José Antonio Gasca Martínez, Game Developer — Martínez was previously a teacher at the Universidad De La Salle Bajio.
- Brian Oh, Senior Publishing Manager — Joining Gamevil is Oh, a former business development director for JCE.
- Andrew Bennett, Account Executive – Performance Sales — Now a part of Jumptap, Bennett was formerly an account manager at CIMTEK.
- McKenna Hoof, Business Operations Intern — Loopt shows activity this week. Hoof was previously a marketing strategies intern for Kerr & Downs Research.
- Kate Pace, Client Services Manager — A single hire appears for Medialets this week. Pace was most recently an account executive for The Halo Group.
- Brian Elliot, Senior MIS Analyst — Now at Millennial Media, Elliot’s previous experience and role is unknown.
- Ulf Waschbusch — Waschbusch previously the chief product officer at Garena, a community gaming platform that says it has more than 60 million registered users. He also was a senior mobile product manager at Google, MySpace and T-Mobile. He’ll head social-mobile game development for Mindjolt.
- Ben Cousins, General Manager – Sweden — As was highlighted yesterday, Ben Cousins is hired by ngmoco in order to form the company’s new studio in Stockholm, Sweden. Cousins was previously a general manager for Electronic Arts.
- Yelena Sheftelevich, Developer Relations Manager — Joining Papaya Mobile this week is Sheftelevich, a former global regulatory manager at Biomedical Consulting International.
- Eric Lannan, UI Engineer — There is a single hire for Storm8 this week. Lannan was previously a Flash and mobile app developer for Class.com.
- Hillary Hopper, UI Game Artist — Now a part of the TinyCo team, Hopper was most recently a student at Bryant and Stratton College.
- Wilma Lai, Game Artist — Also joining TinyCo this week, Lai was previously a student at the Academy of Art University.
- Anthony Dotson, Solutions Engineer — Urban Airship, another usually quiet company, shows new activity, hiring Dotson. He was previously an applications developer for the City of Portland.
- Dylan Boyd, VP of Growth — As noted already, Dylan Boyd is Urban Airship’s vice president of growth. However, this appears to be merely a late update, as he has been in the role since February. Doyde was previously the VP of sales and strategy for eROI.