A higher level of mobile activity continues this week. According to data from LinkedIn, nine mobile companies have shown new activity. Moreover, the mobile space sees its first executive hire in some time. Jared Hand joins growing mobile advertising company Jumptap as vice president of sales. Prior to joining Jumptap, Hand is noted as previously being the VP of sales for Gorilla Nation and before that, Clear Channel.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Joseph Kelly — Contract Customer Support Representative — Joining Big Fish Games, Kelly was previously a lead canvass organizer at Forward Oregon.
- Ann Hemmons Ferreira — Brazilian Portuguese Localization — Also joining Big Fish Games, Ferreira was filling the role of a Brazilian Portuguese localization for Nintendo.
- Hamid R. Tavakoli — Associate Software Engineer — Now with EA Mobile, Tavakoli was a software developer at SimplyCast.
- Somu Thevar — Game Artist — A second hire for EA Mobile, Thevar was previously a 3D/character artist for Carbonon Tech Pvt. Ltd.
- Alin Purcaru — PHP Developer — First of three hires for Gameloft, Purcaru was previously an R&D engineer at ExtendStudio.
- Seth Friedman — Programmer — Friedman was previously a contract programmer at Double Tap Games.
- Xiao Tian — 3D Game Character Artist — Also joining Gameloft, Tian was an assistant technical director at Weta Digital.
- Imran Nadeem — Solutions Engineer — Now a part of InMobi, Nadeem was a senior technical support specialist at Dell.
- Jared Hand — Vice President of Sales — As noted already, Jared Hand is now VP of sales at Jumptap. Hand was previously VP of sales for Gorilla Nation, and before this, VP of sales for Clear Channel.
- Shaun Choo — Interactive Designer — Joining Medialets, Choo was an interactive intern at Trend Influence.
- Jamie Durrant — Artist — Durrant will be working across NaturalMotion’s entire portfolio of games. Before joining, Durrant spent 11 years at Lionhead Studios, working as a senior graphic designer. He has since been working freelance for FunBits, Player Three, Sony, JBGames & the BBC.
- Henry Oh — Business Development Manager — A single hire for ngmoco, Oh was previously an associate at IDG Ventures Korea.
- Zachary Drake — Sales Engineer — Now a part of OpenFeint, Drake was previously a game producer at Emotive Systems.
- Maylyne Mamonong — Recruiting Coordinator — Joining Tapulous, Mamonong was an office coordinator and administrative assistant at AppleOne.