The Facebook-owned photo- and video-sharing network examined the advertising efforts of bank Scotiabank, airline Air Canada, beauty brand L’Oréal Paris, tire retailer Canadian Tire and fast-food restaurant A&W in a post on the Instagram for Business blog:
- Scotiabank, one of the country’s largest banks, turned to Instagram to change perception and generate awareness of its credit-card program with 18- through 22-year-olds. In a campaign that led to a 20-point lift in ad recall and a 6-point lift in brand awareness, according to Nielsen, Scotiabank asked the Instagram community to identify collections of items from popular movies using the popular #ThingsOrganizedNeatly hashtag.
- Canada’s largest airline, Air Canada, chose Instagram to generate awareness of new destinations including Panama and Rio de Janeiro. Their campaign featured photos by Instagram influencers sent by the airline to each destination to document the local landscapes. The campaign led to a 29-point lift in ad recall and a 4-point lift in message association.
- Beauty brand L’Oréal Paris ran a winter-themed ad campaign on Instagram to raise brand awareness. The bold, vividly colored photo ads showcased L’Oréal Paris cosmetics on models in a snowy, outdoor setting. The campaign’s results were also eye-catching: a 7-point lift in recommendations from the target market and a 14-point lift in ad recall, which was double Nielsen’s average.
- Canadian Tire, an iconic national brand, aimed to spread the word about its #ShovelitForward campaign with 25- through 34-year-olds and increase the likelihood of brand recommendations. Video ad creative was based on the concept that shoveling a neighbor’s driveway out of kindness is as Canadian as winter itself. Results were strong: a 45-point lift in ad recall, an 18-point lift in campaign awareness and a 6-point lift in favorability.
- Fast-food restaurant A&W led the retail charge on Instagram, sharing its new brand commitment that it has become the first national burger restaurant to serve beef, chicken and eggs raised without hormones or steroids. Its photo campaign targeted a young audience and promoted its promise to source high-quality ingredients. The campaign led to a 39-point lift in ad recall and a 4-point lift in message association.
Readers: What have your experiences been like so far with ads on Instagram?