Tons of new features in the latest build of HootSuite, which was released earlier today, including:
- A completely redesigned interface (which I have to say looks fantastic and gives you a lot more screen space to work with)
- A choice of three new themes (I’ve gone for Blue Steel)
- Google Analytics integration
- Drag & Drop Upload – in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, simply drag a file from the desktop to the message box and it automatically uploads and provides a shortened link
- Enhanced Facebook integration
- Twitter-style retweets (ON by default – I switched it off, but it’s nice to have the option, although I’d prefer it if this was offered each time you clicked the RT button)
- Language support
- HTML5 ensures your social streams display even faster
It all looks brilliant, and I’ve only just started playing around with the features. I particularly like the improvements they’ve made to the profile pop-ups, and everything feels really slick and modern.
What’s still missing is Bit.ly support. Maybe next time HootSuite, eh?
UPDATE: A few people have asked me how you get back the old-style retweets. Click on the Owl icon at the top-left of HootSuite, and select Settings > Preferences and uncheck the ‘use Twitter web retweets’ box.