There’s a Shorty Award category focused on honoring a #mom or #dad who is passionate about their family, and uses social media to help and inspire others to do the same. They #KeepGoodGoing online with their efforts. You can read about the finalists below.
And one of the judges of this category has some great advice about parents following kids on Twitter. We’re interesting in hearing your reaction to it.
The #KeepGoodGoing Shorty Award winner will be selected based on the total number of nominations received, the impact and creativity of the nominee’s tweets, and innovation in the use of social media as determined by the esteemed judges of the Real-Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences. Eligibility is limited to parents who actively share good with others.
Here are the finalists:
- Laraine Claire is the mom of the extremely popular band, Emblem3
- @PapaJonas is the Jonas Brothers’ father who has launch their career and help make sure that charity work is an important part of what they do as celebrities
- DadaRocks is an amazing daddy blogger based in NYC, his campaign video tells a bit about his story which you can see on the page
- ktothe5th runs an amazing organization called Choose 180, which gives a lot to charities and spreads positive messages
- katilette is the famous mommy YouTuber who’s part of Shaytards with her husband Shay Carl
- Kathy Zucker is the founder/CEO/Managing Editor @MetroMomsNet
All of the finalists are parents focused on doing good via social media. So that begs the question (for other parents) – are you? Some teens are pretty awesome on Twitter others . . . not so much. Do you know what your child does online? Do you even know if he/she is ON Twitter?
If you feel like it’s an invasion of privacy or just not a good idea, you need to listen to these wise words from one of the #KeepGoodGoing judges Leigh Anne Tuohy (you’ll remember her story from the movie The Blind Side!):