If you haven’t heard yet, folks, the Rapture is upon us and it’s the talk of the Twitter town. That’s right—this Saturday May 21 is Judgment Day, according to Christian radio broadcaster Harold Camping and a small group of his followers. Are you ready?
If Twitter’s community is any indicator, it looks like most of us are pretty skeptical about the #rapture. I mean, who is this Harold Camping anyway? And how exactly did he determine that May 21, 2011 would indeed be the beginning of the end of humanity? We’ve compiled a list of ten of the most hilarious skeptical Tweets about the end of the world, the rapture, the apocalypse, Armageddon, or whatever you’d like to call it.
Check them all out below and be sure to let us know what you think will happen this Saturday in the comments.
10. Uh oh, I think @That_Biz just found us a theme song for the end of the world…
9. This whole thing sounds familiar to @Sipperana. Hmm…maybe that’s because the end of the world has been predicted before. Hundreds of times. Twitter was just never around before to help spread the news.
8. @ReignOfApril wants to know: What will you be wearing to the rapture?
7. @IAmJericho still has a few errands to run before the end of the world.
6. If you had to choose someone to narrate the apocalypse who would it be? @TheHoyBoy hopes it’s Morgan Freeman. So do I.
5. @aryuserius is prepared for the rapture. Are you?
3. If you’re nervous about leaving your pets behind in the rapture, @neilhimself offers up a solution. It seems that a group of kind atheists are offering to watch the pets of those who are expecting to be raptured. Their website states, “For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved.” Sounds fair enough.
2. @stevie_joe asks the question that’s on everyone’s minds: Will we be able to check in to the rapture on Foursquare?
1. And finally, @kevinism has a great idea for a prank to pull this Saturday.
Image Credit: XarJ.net
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.