Is college worth it? Novelist John Green did the math in the short video blog embedded above.
Tablets and smartphones have dramatically changed the way we learn. To help new students get more value out of their college education, we’ve rounded up five apps for college students. Follow the links below to download iOS or Android versions of all the apps.
1. My Majors: “allows students to instantly engage with colleges and universities, starting with the MyMajors Quiz, the scientific survey that puts students on the fast track towards selecting the right colleges to consider.”
2. Edmodo: “Edmodo provides a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices.”
3. Blackboard Mobile Learn (includes Blackberry app): “Blackboard Mobile Learn extends your existing Blackboard learning system by making much of the core content available across your Blackboard courses, content and organizations, in an engaging and intuitive way on mobile devices.”
4. Flashcards+ (Android, iOS): “Flashcards+ puts thousands of flashcards right into your phone for studying on the go. Create your own flashcards online or directly on your phone. Access thousands of flashcards already created from Quizlet.com and Studystack.com.”
5. SparkNotes: “Get today’s most popular study guides for literature, Shakespeare, poetry, philosophy, drama and short stories. Access online through your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android device or download to your device for use offline. Check in to easily share your location and start a study group right from your mobile.”