The Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night led to more than 25.4 million interactions (status updates, comments, and likes) by some 11.1 million Facebook users, and the top social moment was the crowning of 12 Years a Slave as best picture.
According to the social network’s data team, the five most social moments during the Oscars telecast Sunday night were:
- 12 Years a Slave wins best picture.
- Jared Leto wins best supporting actor and thanks his mom.
- Matthew McConaughey wins best actor.
- Bette Midler sings “Wind Beneath My Wings.”
- Host Ellen DeGeneres orders pizza.
And the top five demographic groups discussing the Oscars were:
- Women 18-34
- Women 35-49
- Men 18-34
- Women 50-plus
- Men 35-49
Readers: Did you interact on Facebook during the Academy Awards Sunday night?