More information is available via the Facebook Live page, and here are seven tips shared via a Facebook Media blog post:
- Alert friends and followers about plans to broadcast live, in order to build up anticipation.
- Ensure that you have a strong enough connection to broadcast live video, preferably WiFi or 4G. Facebook said the “Go Live” button will be grayed out if the signal is not strong enough to support Facebook Live.
- Post a description of what you are about to share before going live.
- Ask friends and followers to sign up for notifications so that they are aware of your Facebook Live offerings.
- Respond to comments by saying hello and mentioning the names of users who comment.
- Stay live for longer time periods: Facebook recommends at least 10 minutes, and the feature supports broadcasts up to 90 minutes.
- Use Facebook Live often and try different things.
Readers: What have your experiences been like so far with Facebook Live?