The Miami Herald highlighted some social media tools small businesses can use for free. Not enough can be said about the importance of using social media for business to generate more public awareness and exposed their products and services to potential customers in the process. If you can save time for free with social media, so much the better.
Here are five free social media tools that can save any business time and money while getting your presence known on the Internet:
1. Timely.is: This tool allows you to find out the times during the day when people most often read your posts. This free tool gives you the ability to write your tweets in advance and have them go live during peak times.
2. Polly.IM: This is an awesome tool that monitors your Twitter account, so you can find out what people are saying about your business. The tool suggests responses and will send messages to customers on your behalf.
3. Roost: Epecially useful for the busy small business owner, this tool allows you to create a single post and send it to your Facebook and Twitter pages at the same time. All you have to do is pick the date and time for your posts to go out. The free tool makes content suggestions, so you can maximize the impact of your message.
4. CrowdBooster: Marketing a business takes time and energy. Knowing how well you are marketing is part of the process. CrowdBooster tells you if the social media marketing is working or not and if it is effective. The free tool tells you what is working and what isn’t and is widely used by major brands — Ben & Jerry’s and JetBlue.
5. OnlyWire: This tool provides a free service that sends messages to more than 40 social networks at once — including Yelp and LinkedIn. As a free account, you can send up to 300 posts a month. If you are able to pay as little as $10 a month, you can send more messages about your business. This tool is used by major brands — including Time Warner, GE and Cisco.