When Pigs Fly: Geico Brings Back Maxwell for Airplane Ad New spot pushes insurance app
Maxwell the talking pig returns in an amusingly twisted tale (tail?) from The Martin Agency and Geico. The oinker uses the company's smartphone app to pay his insurance bill while he travels on an airplane. When you're a pig, leg room is not a major issue. He stretches full out, and his feet don't come close to touching the floor. Mmmm ... pig's feet. The flight attendants are kind of rude to Maxwell, just as they are to humans in real life. Kidding, of course. They're always extremely professional and courteous. (In a pig's eye!) The swine is more subdued in this spot, refraining from his signature, hyper-annoying "Wee wee wee!" Perhaps he saved that for the lavatory.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.