The Week on AdFreak: Dec. 28, 2012-Jan. 4, 2013 Allstate's shame, Nike's defiance and Apple's bad timing
Here are the five most-read AdFreak posts from the past week:
5. Allstate Features Home Ravaged by Hurricane Sandy in Ad, but Fights Owners on Claim
4. Fiat Raps About Motherhood and Faking Orgasms
3. Pixar Parodies College Recruitment Ads for Monsters University
2. Nike Scores With New Ad as Fans Declare, 'Hockey Is Ours'
1. Apple's 'Do Not Disturb' iPhone Ad Is Brilliant, but Terribly Timed
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.