Use a condom, thwart that evil Hitler sperm
Do condom ads reflect the mind-sets of nations? In the U.S., we get faux-patriotism and soft-core porn, while the French have safe sex on the beach. Now, from Germany, comes a dour dose of angst via Grey in a campaign for Doc Morris Pharmacies. The message: Use a condom, and be sure you're not bringing the next Osama bin Laden, Adolf Hitler or Mao Zedong into the world. Of course, you'd have to sleep with one of those three to risk that—and I imagine most would abstain, especially in the case of Hitler, since he's been dead for almost 65 years. Or maybe the ads are just generally likening sperm to invaders and terrorists. The bad hairdos should be enough to frighten anyone away. Via Ads of the World.
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.