A Treasure Trove of Awesomely Weird TV Commercials From Japan Current spots, all in HD
Looking for something guaranteed to brighten your day? Watch the indescribable six-minute compilation of current Japanese TV commercials below, all in HD. It has everything: talking animals, bubbly jingles, kaleidoscopic visuals designed to wrap you in a surreal miasma of cartoony glee. It's like they can't make a commercial that doesn't make you wonder what they were smoking on the set. The best part? This is one of dozens of such compilations on this YouTube channel, which is updated regularly. Also check out the related Tumblr. We'll be highlighting some of the kookiest new spots in the coming weeks as they roll out.
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Ad-Supported App to Bring CW Programming to Apple TV
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.