Take someone fishing, orders irascible bass
Somewhere beyond advertising irony—fathoms below, in fact—lurks the Bassador, a bottom feeder if ever there was one. His mission: to get anglers to teach fishing to newbies on behalf of TakeMeFishing.org (thus putting the Bassador himself in greater danger—but this is adland, so no need for logic). This denizen of D-grade viral clips, created by Colle+McVoy, is more cantankerous than McDonald's wall-mounted mariner. There's a staring contest in one spot, and he literally gave me the fish eye! The Bassador's dry humor grows on you—but the casting could be better, and I'm not hooked! Maybe we'll see some improvement in the second reel. Two more spots after the jump.
- Kawasaki And 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.