Stop urinating on the planet, Canadians told
Idle Free Calgary makes a strong bid for ickiest ad of the year with "Unacceptable" via JOE Media Group. The spot surely sets a record for most instances of public urination in a commercial. If any other ad shows more, I don't want to know about it. A voiceover explains, "When we idle our vehicles, we're basically saying, 'Piss on the planet.' " That analogy seems like a wee bit of a stretch. Maybe if these folks had kept their engines running, they could've driven to a bathroom in time. Note to self: Cancel vacation in Canada.
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Better Eyewear Means Fewer Dead Cats, Says Amusing Specsavers Ad
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- Creak, Crack, Crunch. Local Chiropractor's Goofy Ad Is Painful to Watch
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.