Springfields battle for ‘Simpsons’ premiere
The Simpsons Movie will be getting some extra publicity in the Springfields of America this year, as Fox has asked 16 towns with that name to compete for the right to host the world premiere screening. The cities are being asked to send in video clips demonstrating their worthiness. (The Simpsons, of course, live in their own fictional Springfield.) Unfortunately, only half of the Springfields were invited—there are 32 total in the U.S. “I’m kind of disappointed that it’s not all Springfields,” says Dottie Chaffee of Springfield, Vt. “Like the show, we have a bowling alley, local pubs and manufacturing. We don’t have a nuclear power plant, but there’s one that’s close.” The film opens July 27.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- JCPenney One of 10 Brands Predicted to Die in Next Year
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- NSA Media Creates Alliance With Wishabi
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital From Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Justin Bieber Is Sad About a Lot of Things, but Probably Not the Teen Employment Rate
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.