Speeders are poorly endowed, says new ad
Here’s the anti-speeding commercial that has Australia snickering this week. It’s from the New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority, and it suggests that guys who speed on the roads may be lacking in other areas. As a guy peels out and screeches down the street, women on the side of the road and a guy in the backseat wag their pinky fingers in derision. “Speeding. No one thinks big of you,” is the tagline. A rep from the traffic authority believes the commercial “will cause people who are speeding to think twice about the image they are creating.” They might want to think about subbing in a Hummer and running the same spot here in the U.S.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- NSA Media Creates Alliance With Wishabi
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital From Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Justin Bieber Is Sad About a Lot of Things, but Probably Not the Teen Employment Rate
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.