Southern Comfort Ad Is a Little Different When Re-enacted on a Freezing Irish Beach Huby Harton braves the elements
It's relatively easy to feel comfortable walking mostly naked on a beach if you're in the tropics. It's less easy when you're in Ireland. Huby Harton, an Irish singer who's probably been told a thousand times that he looks like the guy from the Southern Comfort ad, decided to embrace the resemblance—and re-enacted the classic Wieden + Kennedy spot one winter's day on Dollymount Strand in Dublin to promote his latest album. Hey, whatever's comfortable. The video made it to Southern Comfort's Facebook page today.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- AFA Mulls Re-Boycott of Ford
- Crispin brings BK food to the unenlightened
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.