No one messes with the Boston Bruins bear
When it comes to casting bears in ad campaigns, Mullen has now gone to both extremes. The National Grid polar bears were pretty benign. The actor in the bear suit who stars in this playoff campaign for the Boston Bruins, however, must've gotten up on the wrong side of the cave. If you don't play by the "Bruins Hockey Rules," you're liable to get roughed up by this furry fanatic. The hairy hothead slaps one fan who tucks in his B's jersey, tackles another who doesn't hang up his phone and watch the game, and humiliates a third (the poor guy's "be-ah" goes flying) because his date wears the colors of the divisional rival Montreal Canadiens. Basically, the ubiquitous ursine behaves just like any Bruins fan from Lynn after a couple of brewskies too many.
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.