New Samsung Ad Mercilessly Mocks Apple Fans Why wait in line, hipsters?
The divide between Apple and non-Apple users widens another yard or two with Samsung's new Galaxy S II ad from 72andsunny, in which people waiting in line for an unnamed competitor (that is obviously Apple) harass passersby who have other, bigger phones. Gotta say, the obvious gap between the whitebread, hipster Apple users and their preppy Samsung-using counterparts makes this ad somewhat uncomfortable to watch. While it's nice to see Apple getting a little flack for a change, the manufactured Sharks/Jets acrimony between the two camps is petty rather than cute. If it weren't for the few antitrust laws we still have, I'd think they were dating or something. Besides, other recent Samsung work pretty directly rips off a certain iconic Apple ad, so it's hard to take Samsung's jabs that seriously.
- Time.com Is on a Hiring Spree
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Yankees, Manchester City Team Up for MLS Launch
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Time.com Is On a Hiring Spree
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.