Meet Talia Castellano, the World's Most Inspiring CoverGirl Brand celebrates teen cancer patient and budding makeup artist
CoverGirl has finally gotten around to releasing this wonderful photo of Talia Castellano, a 13-year-old cancer patient and budding makeup artist whom the brand named an honorary CoverGirl last month. Talia has MDS and neuroblastoma. She also has a magnetic personality, a fighting spirit and 250,000 rapt subscribers to her YouTube channel, where she gives makeup tutorials. (The channel is closing in on 20 million views.) Talia's dream was to meet Ellen DeGeneres. She got that wish in September during an appearance on her talk show, where she was also surprised by CoverGirl with the image above. (DeGeneres is a CoverGirl herself, and made it all happen.) The brand finally posted the photo to Facebook yesterday—better late than never, as it's nearing half a million likes.
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- NSA Media Creates Alliance With Wishabi
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.