Meet Talia Castellano, the World's Most Inspiring CoverGirl Brand celebrates teen cancer patient and budding makeup artist
CoverGirl has finally gotten around to releasing this wonderful photo of Talia Castellano, a 13-year-old cancer patient and budding makeup artist whom the brand named an honorary CoverGirl last month. Talia has MDS and neuroblastoma. She also has a magnetic personality, a fighting spirit and 250,000 rapt subscribers to her YouTube channel, where she gives makeup tutorials. (The channel is closing in on 20 million views.) Talia's dream was to meet Ellen DeGeneres. She got that wish in September during an appearance on her talk show, where she was also surprised by CoverGirl with the image above. (DeGeneres is a CoverGirl herself, and made it all happen.) The brand finally posted the photo to Facebook yesterday—better late than never, as it's nearing half a million likes.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Meet the Most Suspect Publishers on the Web
- Apple's 'Get a Mac,' the Complete Campaign
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.