Make Your Own Skittles Ad on 'Create the Rainbow' Holiday Site Campaign is more sour than sweet
I can make my own wacky Skittles holiday commercial on this Create the Rainbow site from BBDO Toronto and Jam3? Do I have to? Can't I just strangle myself with a string of festive lights instead? Users choose various characters, dialogue, settings and music and share the results with friends—who, if they have any self-respect, will hit delete before the "ad" comes to an end. I put scruffy slacker stereotype Travis and Funky Santa—a black guy in Claus garb who chuckles ominously and wishes everyone a "Happy Christmas, Kwanzaa or Hanukkah"—in an office hot tub filled with Skittles. Overall, the effort is kind of uninspired, and the DIY approach feels re-gifted from 2009. Where's that smoochin' walrus when you need him!? Way to waste the rainbow.
- Shazam Introduces Engagement Metric for TV Ads
- Buzzfeed's Michael Hastings Dead at 33
- iCrossing Hires Moxie And Razorfish Vets
- FCC Chairman Nominee Says Broadband Is Top Priority
- Viacom Finishes Major Upfront Biz
- Condé Nast Swaps Lucky Editor
- YouTube's Wigs Headed to Hulu
- Agency.com Co-founder Joins Prophet
- DM9 Jayme Syfu Wins Mobile Grand Prix for Turning Cellphones Into Textbooks
- Ogilvy Adds Two More Grand Prix—in Outdoor and Media
- Maxipad Brand Goes for Blood in Brilliant Reply to Facebook Rant
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Barbarian Group Wins Inaugural Innovation Lions Grand Prix for Its Cinder Coding Platform
- Pretty Much Everyone Is Doing Native Ads Now
- What's So Good About 'Dumb Ways to Die'?
- Instagram Video Invites Ads Speculation, Puts Vine on Notice
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.