Madonna Still Managing to Get Ads Banned for Being Too Sexy ABC blushes at Truth or Dare fragrance spot
It's hard to believe we still live in a world where Madonna is considered too sexy for things, but ABC blushed at the ad for her Truth or Dare fragrance and won't show it. If only the Super Bowl had been so discriminating. It's more likely ABC was creeped out by the Material Girl, 53, saying her mother's "feminine and mysterious" perfume had anything to do with inspiring an ad where she rolls around in her underwear and talks about what a bad girl she is. On its own, though, the ad is pretty tame by current pop-culture standards. Hell, that Wayne's World skit she did back in the day was racier than this.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Kawasaki and 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.